5th International Conference
5th International Conference "Micro&Nano2012"
on Micro - Nanoelectronics, Nanotechnologies and MEMS
Aquis Arina Sand Hotel, Kokkini Hani, Heraklion,
7-10 October 2012
The Micro & Nano conference will be organized at Heraklion, Grete, by members of the Micro & Nano society affiliated with the Foundation for Research & Technology (FORTH) and University of Crete.
The Conference combines an extensive scientific programme including oral and poster sessions with exhibition and social events.
The Conference aims at gathering together in an interactive forum all scientists and engineers working in the challenging areas of micro/nano-electronic and optoelectronic/photonic devices, MEMS and circuits, as well as the enabling nanotechnologies of material growth, synthesis and processing. It aims to stimulate discussions on the last achievements and new developments in this rapidly evolving field.
The Conference will be held in the Aquis Arina Sand Hotel at Kokkini Hani, few km east of the city of Heraklion, Crete, in the period 7-10 October 2012.
Thursday, 11 October 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
FORTH, main amphitheater
Innovation in the semiconductor sector and the role of collaboration between academia, research and industry
An one-day workshop on "Innovation in the semiconductor sector and the role of collaboration between academia, research and industry" will be held on October 11 at the Foundation for Research & Technology – Hellas (FORTH), Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
The workshop is a satellite event of the 5th International Conference "Micro&Nano2012"on Micro - Nanoelectronics, Nanotechnologies and MEMs, which will be held in Heraklion from October 7th to October 10th.
The purpose of the workshop is to highlight the methodology to create efficient collaboration between academia and industry, and in this way nourish innovation and efficiently commercialize research results. An emphasis will be devoted to show how this methodology has to be adapted in the case of Greece.
The workshop will bring together key players from industry, academia and public authorities. Presentation topics and speakers include:
• Leuven, a region for innovation & high-tech entrepreneurship by Dr. Martin Hinoul of Technology Transfer Office of Leuven University, Belgium
• Building a Silicon Valley technology startup equipped with Greek R&D and global business mindset: The case of Helic in EDA and the examples of the Hellenic Semiconductor Industry Association members by Yorgos Koutsoyannopoulos of Helic, Greece
• "The experience of the largest Greek Si based solar cells producing company (SOLAR CELLS HELLAS GROUP) on the cooperation between academia and industry on industrial applications" by Dimitrios Varvitsiotis of Solar Cells Hellas Group, Greece
• FORTH / PRAXI Network: Technology Transfer Examples from Academia to Industry by Dr. Apostolis Dimitriadis of HELP-FORWARD Network, Greece
• Round table on collaboration between academia, research and industry" with the participation of Prof. Evripidis Stefanou (rector of University of Crete, Greece), Prof. Costas Fotakis (Chairman of FORTH)
The workshop will start at 10:00 am of October 11th and it will take place in the main aphitheater of FORTH, at Vassilika Vouton. For instructions how to get there, please consult http://www.iesl.forth.gr/about_iesl/reach.aspx.
There is no fee for participation but an earlier registration is obligatory since there is a limitation in the number of participants.
See the invitation of the Workshop
For more information and registration please contact:
Mrs. Marina Tzanakaki