Almost 30 years of supporting entrepreneurship and innovation
The Science and Technology Park of Crete (STEP-C) was founded in 1993 by the Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas (FORTH), one of the largest research organizations of the country. STEP-C and PRAXI Network are the main units of FORTH for the promotion of research, innovation and entrepreneurship.
STEP-C occupies a large area of approximately 4000 sq.m. (offices and laboratory space), which hosts start-up innovative companies with a technological orientation. The facilities are located in a privileged location, about 10 km outside the city of Heraklion. The presence of STEP-C at FORTH headquarters and its close proximity to the General University Hospital of Heraklion, the University of Crete and the Hellenic Mediterranean University create a significant development advantage, due to the large concentration of laboratories, research infrastructures and scientists who can actively support the tenants hosted in the Incubator.
- Technology transfer and commercial exploitation of research outcomes
- Assessment and management of intellectual property rights
- Promoting and supporting entrepreneurship
- Support innovative start-ups hosted at the Incubator
- Promote tailor-made training to students, researchers and business executives
STEP-C Incubator is managed by the Managing Company of the Science & Technology Park of Crete (EDAP/STEP-C S.A.).
STEP-C buildings were funded by European, national and regional resources.